- Ross JH, Kay R. Paediatric urinary tract infection and reflux. Am Fam Physician. 1999; 59(6): 1472. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Abdulrahman MB, Amir KI, Shamran IO. Urinary tract infection in children is still a mismanaged problem. Emirates Med J. 1992; 10: 13-8.
- Zorc JJ, Kiddoo DA, Shaw KN. Diagnosing and management of paediatric urinary tract infection. Clin Micr Rev. 2005; 18(2): 417-22. PubMed
- Aiyegoro OA, Igbinosa OO, Ogunwonyi IN et al.
Incidence of urinary tract infections among children and adolescent in
Ile-Ife, Nigeria. Afr Microbiol Res. 2007; 1(2): 13-19.
- Chukwu BF, Okafor HU, Ikefuna AN. Socio-demographic factors associated with asymptomatic bacteriuria in children with sickle cell anaemia in a tertiary health facility in South-Eastern Nigeria. Nigerian Medical Journal. 2011; 51(4): 137-140. Google Scholar
- Rabasa AI, Gofama MM. Urinary tract infection in febrile children in Maiduguri, North-Eastern Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2009; 12(2): 124-7. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Kass EH. Asymptomatic infection of the urinary tract. J Urol. 2002; 167(2 pt 2): 1016-20. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Nicolle LE. Asymtomatic Bacteriuria, when to screen and treat. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2003; 17(2): 367-94. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). Report on the global AIDS pandemic, 2016.
- Gibb DM, Duong T, Tookey PA et al. National Study of HIV in Pregnancy and Childhood Collaborative HIV Paediatric Study: Decline in mortality, AIDS, and hospital admissions in perinatally HIV-1 infected children in the United Kingdom and Ireland. BMJ. 2003; 327(7422): 1019. PubMed | Google Scholar
- McConnell MS, Byers RH, Frederick T et al. Trends in antiretroviral therapy use and survival rates for a large cohort of HIV infected children and adolescents in the United States, 1989-2001. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005; 38(4): 488-94. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Weller I. Secondary Immunodeficiency. In: Roit I, Brostoff J, Male D (eds) Immunology 7th ed. 2006, 316-22.
- Washington W. Koneman's Atlas and Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 6th Ed, 83-4.
- Collee JG, Fraser AG, Marmion BP et al. Practical Medical Microbiology, 6th edition. Churchill Livingstone 1996: 86-8.
- Cheesbrough M. Biochemical test to identify bacteria; antimicrobial susceptibility testing, In: District Laboratory Practice in Tropical countries. Low priced edition 2000, Cambridge University Press, The Edinburgh building, Cambridge. 1933-1940; 63-72, 132-43. Google Scholar
- Iduoriyekewen NJ, Sadoh WE, Sadoh AE. Aymptomatic Bacteriuria in HIV infected Nigerian children. JMBR. June 2012; 11(1): 88-94. Google Scholar
- Omoregie R, Eghafona NO. Urinary tract infection among asymptomatic HIV patients in Benin-city. Nigeria Br J Biomed Sc. 2009; 66(4): 190-3. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Inyang-Etoh PC, Udofia GC, Alaibe AA et al. Asymptomatic bacteriuria in patients on antiretroviral drug treatment in Calabar. J Med Sci. 2009; 9(6): 270-5. Google Scholar
- Hooton TM, Scholes D, Hughes JP et al. A prospective study of risk factors for symptomatic urinary tract infection in young women. N Engl J Med. 1996; 335(7): 468-74. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Kennedy T. Rudolph's Pediatrics, 21st Ed, 1667-73. Mc-Graw-Hill, New York, 2003.
- Sharma S. Current understanding of pathogenic mechanisms in UTI. Ann Natl Acad Med Sci. 1997; 33(1): 31-8.
- Hoepelman A, Van Buren M, Van De Broek J et al. Bacteriuria in men infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 is related to their immune status (CD4+ cell count). AIDS. 1992; 6(2): 179-84. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Klapacynska AS, Matlosz B, Bednarska A et al. Factors associated with urinary tract infections among HIV-1 infected patients. PLOS one. 2018 Jan 11; 13(1): e0190564. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Evans JK, Mcowan A, Hillman FJ et al. Incidence of symptomatic urinary tract infections in HIV seropositive patients and the use of cotrimoxazole as prophylaxis against pneumocystis carinii pneumonia. Genitourin Med. 1995; 71(2): 120-2. PubMed | Google Scholar