Article references (19 references )
- CIMTRADZ. Baseline Needs Assessment of Veterinary Programs
in East Africa. CIMTRADZ proposal submitted to USAID, 2011.
- UNDP. Human Development report. 2015; Accessed 18 January, 2017.
- Assié-Lumumba N. Empowerment
of women in higher education in Africa: The role and mission of research.
Report for UNESCO Forum on Higher Education. Research and Knowledge.
2006. Accessed on 20 January 2017.
- United Nations. Gender Mainstreaming: An Overview. 2002. Accessed 20 January, 2017.
- Wakoko F, Lobao L. Conceptualizing gender and reconstructing social life: Ugandan women and the path to national development. Africa Today. 1996; 43(3): 307-22. Google Scholar
- Kwesiga J, Ahikire J. On Student Access and Equity in a Reforming University: Makerere in the 1990s and Beyond. CODESRIA. 2006; 4(2): 1-46. Google Scholar
- UNESCO-IIE. Gender Equality in Education: Looking Beyond Parity An IIEP Evidence-Based Policy Forum. 3-4 October 2011; Accessed 10 March 2017.
- Atekyereza PR. The education of girls and women in Uganda. Journal of Social Development in Africa. 2001; 16 (2): 115-146. Google Scholar
- Wakoko-Studstill F. Women and Microfinance in Uganda: From Rhetoric to Empowerment. Germany. VDM Verlag Dr. Müller. 2010. Google Scholar
- InterAction. The Gender Audit Handbook: A Toll for Organizational Self-Assessment and Transformation. 2003; Accessed 10 March 2017.
- Tracy SJ. Qualitative Research Methods: Collecting Evidence, Crafting Analysis, Communicating Impact – 1st edition. Hoboken. Wiley-Blackwell. 2008. Google Scholar
- Kabasa JD. Personal Interview. Principal, College
of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Diseases and Biosecurity, Kampala, Uganda.
- Kabonesa C. Personal Interviews. Dean, School of
Women and Gender Studies, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda. 2012/2013.
- Kanabahita C. Personal Interviews. Director, Directorate
of Gender Mainstreaming, Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda. 2012/2013.
- World Bank. Human capital for agriculture in Africa. Science, technology, and skills for Africa's development. Washington DC; World Bank Group. 2014; Accessed 20 January 2017.
- UNESCO. Education Counts: Towards the Millennium Development Goals. 2010. Accessed 24 January 2017.
- Muloni I. Promising best practices for the advancement
of women in science and engineering: The case for Uganda Electricity
Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL). Presented at the Forum for Women
in Engineering & Science at The World Engineer's Convention, Shanghai,
China. November 2, 2004.
- Penny A, Ward M, Read T, Bines H. Education sector reform: The Ugandan experience. International Journal of Educational Development. 2008; 28(3): 268-285. Google Scholar
- Giddens A. Ociepka F. Zujewicz W. The class structure of the advanced societies. London. Hutchinson. 1973; p43. Google Scholar