Article references (47 references )
- Word Health organization. Hepatitis B.Word Health organization. Accessed 13 March 2018
- Centers for disease control and prevention. Pinkbook, Hepatitis B, epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases. Centers for disease control. 2017. Accessed 14 March 2018.
- World Health Organization. Global
Hepatitis Report, 2017. 2017. Accessed 14 March 2018.
- Lozano R, Naghavi M, Foreman K, Lim S, Shibuya K, Aboyans V et al. Global and regional mortality from 235 causes of death for 20 age groups in 1990 and 2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. The Lancet. 2012; 380(9859):2095-2128. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Centers for disease control. World Hepatitis Day. Centers for disease control and prevention. 2017. Accessed 13 March 2018
- Ziraba AK, Bwogi J, Namale A, Wainaina CW, Mayanja-Kizza H. Sero-prevalence and risk factors for hepatitis B virus infection among health care workers in a tertiary hospital in Uganda. BMC Infect Dis. 2010; 10:191. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Mueller A, Stoetter L, Kalluvya S, Stich A, Majinge C, Weissbrich B et al. Prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection among health care workers in a tertiary hospital in Tanzania. BMC Infect Dis. 2015; 15(1):386. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Braka F, Nanyunja M, Makumbi I, Mbabazi W, Kasasa S, Lewis R. Hepatitis B infection among health workers in Uganda: evidence of the need for health worker protection. Vaccine. 2006; 24(47-48):6930-7. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Prüss-Ustün A, Rapiti E, Hutin Y. Estimation of the global burden of disease attributable to contaminated sharps injuries among health-care workers. Am J Ind Med. 2005; 48(6):482-490. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Updated US. Public
Health Service Guidelines for the Management of Occupational Exposures to
HBV, HCV, and HIV and Recommendations for postexposure Prophylaxis. Juin
2001. Accessed 14 March 2018.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention. Exposure to blood. What healthcare personnel need to know. 2003. Accessed 14 March 2018.
- Zingman B. HIV
Prophylaxis Following Occupational Exposure. Medscape. 2013. Accessed
14 March 2018.
- Abeje G, Azage M. Hepatitis B vaccine knowledge and vaccination status among health care workers of Bahir Dar City Administration, Northwest Ethiopia: a cross sectional study. BMC Infect Dis. 2015; 15:30. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Aaron D, Nagu TJ, Rwegasha J, Komba E. Hepatitis B vaccination coverage among healthcare workers at national hospital in Tanzania: how much, who and why?. BMC Infect Dis. 2017; 17(1):786-786. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Malewezi B, Omer S, Mwagomba B, Araru. Protecting health workers from nosocomial Hepatitis B infections: a review of strategies and challenges for implementation of Hepatitis B vaccination among health workers in Sub-Saharan Africa. J Epidemiol Glob Health. 2016; 6(4):229-241. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Fatusi AO, Fatusi OA, Esimai AO, Onayade AA, Ojo OS. Acceptance of hepatitis B vaccine by workers in a Nigerian teaching hospital. East Afr Med J. 2000; 77(11):608-612. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Ofori-Asenso R, Agyeman A. Hepatitis B in Ghana: a systematic review & meta-analysis of prevalence studies (1995-2015). BMC Infect Dis. 2016;16:130. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Rufai T, Mutocheluh M, Kwarteng K, Dogbe E. The prevalence of hepatitis B virus E antigen among Ghanaian blood donors. PAMJ. 2014; 17:53. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Dongdem JT, Kampo S, Soyiri IN, Asebga PN, Ziem JB, Sagoe K. Prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection among blood donors at the Tamale Teaching Hospital, Ghana (2009). BMC Res Notes. 2012; 5:115. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Allain J-P, Candotti D, Soldan K, Sarkodie F, Phelps B, Giachetti C et al. The risk of hepatitis B virus infection by transfusion in Kumasi, Ghana. Blood. 2003; 101(6):2419-2425. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Candotti D, Danso K, Allain J-P. Maternofetal transmission of hepatitis B virus genotype E in Ghana, West Africa. J Gen Virol. 2007; 88(10):2686-2695. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Adade RB. Prevalence of Hepatitis B Among Pregnant Women in Ghana. 2016. Accessed 14 March 2018.
- Cho Y, Bonsu G, Akoto-Ampaw A, Nkrumah-Mills G, Nimo JJA, Park JK et al. The prevalence and risk factors for Hepatitis B surface Ag positivity in pregnant women in Eastern Region of Ghana. Gut Liver. 2012; 6(2):235-240. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Martinson FEA, Weigle KA, Royce RA, Weber DJ, Suchindran CM, Lemon SM. Risk factors for horizontal transmission of Hepatitis B virus in a rural District in Ghana. Am J Epidemiol. 1998; 147(5):478-487. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Konlan KD, Aarah-Bapuah M, Kombat JM, Wuffele GM. The level of nurses' knowledge on occupational post exposure to hepatitis B infection in the Tamale metropolis, Ghana. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017; 17(1):254-254. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Afihene M, Duduyemi B, A-Tetteh H-L, Khatib M. Knowledge, attitude and practices concerning Hepatitis B infection, among healthcare workers in Bantama, Ghana: a cross sectional study. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2015; 2(3): 244-253. Google Scholar
- Breakwell L, Tevi-Benissan C, Childs L, Mihigo R, Tohme R. The status of hepatitis B control in the African region. Pan Afr Med J. 2017;27(Suppl 3):17. PubMed | Google Scholar
- World Health Organization Ghana. A profile: Ghana's expanded programme on immunization in Ghana.
- Hepatitis B Vaccines: WHO Position Paper-2017, Weekly Epidemiological Record. 2017.
- Bagny A, Bouglouga O, Djibril M, Lawson A, Laconi Kaaga Y, Hamza Sama D et al. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices relative to the risk of transmission of hepatitis B and C viruses in a hospital in Togo. Med Sante Trop. 2013; 23(3):300-303. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Noubiap JJN, Nansseu JRN, Kengne KK, Wonkam A, Wiysonge CS. Low hepatitis B vaccine uptake among surgical residents in Cameroon. Int Arch Med. 2014; 7(1):11. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Ouédraogo HG, Kouanda S, Tiendrébeogo S, Konseimbo GA, Yetta CE, Tiendrébeogo E et al. Hepatitis B vaccination status and associated factors among health care workers in Burkina Faso. Med Sante Trop. 2013; 23(1):72-77. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Mbaisi EM, Ng'ang'a Z, Wanzala P, Omolo J. Prevalence and factors associated with percutaneous injuries and splash exposures among health-care workers in a provincial hospital, Kenya, 2010. Pan Afr Med J. 2013; 14:10. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Biset Ayalew M, Adugna Horsa B. Hepatitis B vaccination status among health care workers in a tertiary hospital in Ethiopia. Hepat Res Treat. 2017; 17:1-8. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Kisic-Tepavcevic D, Kanazir M, Gazibara T, Maric G, Makismovic N, Loncarevic G et al. Predictors of hepatitis B vaccination status in healthcare workers in Belgrade, Serbia, December 2015. Euro Surveill Bull Eur Sur Mal Transm Eur Commun Dis Bull. 2017; 22(16):20. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Acevedo G, López L, Willington A, Burrone S, Farias A, Sánchez J. Association of vaccination coverage with sociodemographic factors in workers of primary health care centers of Cordoba, Argentina. Rev Fac Cienc Medicas Cordoba Argent. 2016; 73(3):163-169. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Karaivazoglou K, Triantos C, Lagadinou M, Bikas C, Michailidou M, Kalafateli M et al. Acceptance of hepatitis B vaccination among health care workers in Western Greece. Arch Environ Occup Health. 2014;69(2):107-111. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Byrd KK, Lu P, Murphy TV. Hepatitis B vaccination coverage among health-care personnel in the United States. Public Health Rep Wash DC 1974. 2013;128(6):498-509. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Civljak R, Papic N, Stamenic V, Kalenic S, Kuzman I, Car J. Influenza and hepatitis B vaccination coverage among healthcare workers in Croatian hospitals: a series of cross-sectional surveys, 2006-2011. BMC Infect Dis. 2013; 13:520. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Singhal V, Bora D, Singh S. Hepatitis B in Health Care Workers: Indian scenario. J Lab Physicians. 2009 Jul-Dec; 1(2): 41-48. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Hegazy A, Albar H, Albar N. Hepatitis B vaccination coverage and knowledge among healthcare workers at a tertiary hospital in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. J Adv Med Pharm Sci. 2016; 11(1):1-9. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Sarah Schillie, Trudy Murphy, Mark Sawyer, Kathleen Ly, Elizabeth Hughes,Ruth Jiles et al. CDC Guidance for Evaluating Health-Care Personnel for Hepatitis B Virus Protection and for Administering Postexposure Management. December 2013.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Menu of state healthcare facility hepatitis B Vaccination laws: publications by topic public health law. 2018. Accessed 6 April 2018
- Health protection surveillance centre. Immunisation and health information for healthcare workers and others at risk occupations. In: Guidelines for the emergency management of injuries. 2017.
- Immunization action Coalition. Hepatitis B and the health care worker. 2010;2.
- Abebaw T-A, Aderaw Z, Gebremichael B. Hepatitis B virus vaccination status and associated factors among health care workers in Shashemene Zonal Town, Shashemene, Ethiopia: a cross sectional study. BMC Res Notes. 2017;10(1):260. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Topuridze M, Butsashvili M, Kamkamidze G, Kajaia M, Morse D, McNutt LA. Barriers to hepatitis B vaccine coverage among healthcare workers in the Republic of Georgia: an international perspective. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31(2):158-164. PubMed | Google Scholar