Article references (35 references )
- Obionu C. Primary Health Care for Developing Countries. 2nd ed Enugu: Delta Publications Limited. 2007; 1-7.
- WHO. Repositioning family planning: Guidelines for advocacy action. K4Health. 2008.
- Fusi-Ngwa C,
Payne V, Asakizi A, Katte B. Knowledge
and practice of family planning
in Dschang municipality, Cameroon.
African Journal of Reproductive
Health. Women's Health and Action
Research Center. 2013; 17(1): 137-48. PubMed | Google
- Ikechebelu JI, Joe-Ikechebelu NN, Obiajulu FN. Knowledge, attitude and practice of family planning among Igbo women of south-eastern Nigeria. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2005 Nov; 25(8): 792-5. PubMed | Google Scholar
- World Health Organisation. Family planning/contraception factsheet. 2016.
- Pack AP, McCarraher DR, Chen M, Okigbo CC, Albert LM, Wambugu S. Factors associated with unmet need for modern contraception in post-conflict Liberia. Afr J Reprod Health. 2014; 18(2): 58-67. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Chigbu B, Onwere S, Feyi-Waboso P, Kamanu C, Aluka C, Ezirim O et al. The impact of collaboration and family planning counseling in the community setting. Journal of Medical Investigation and Practice, ABSU-MRS & College of Medicine and Health Sciences. 2014; 9(1): 16-20. Google Scholar
- National Population Commission, ICF International. Nigeria Demographic And Health Survey 2013. 2013.
- Oye-Adeniran BA, Adewole IF, Umoh A, Oladokun A, Gbadegesin A, Ekanem EE et al. Community-based study of contraceptive behaviour in Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2006; 10(2): 90-104. PubMed | Google Scholar
- National Population Commission. Nigerian Demographic And Health Survey. 2008.
- Mwaikambo L, Speizer IS, Schurmann A, Morgan G, Fikree F. What works in family planning interventions: a systematic review. Stud Fam Plann. 2011; 42(2): 67-82. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Egede JO, Onoh RC, Umeora OUJ, Iyoke CA, Dimejesi IBO, Lawani LO. Contraceptive prevalence and preference in a cohort of south-east Nigerian women. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2015; 9: 707-14. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Decker M, Constantine NA. Factors associated with contraceptive use in Angola. Afr J Reprod Health. 2011; 15(4): 68-77. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Aryeetey R, Kotoh AM, Hindin MJ. Knowledge, perceptions and ever use of modern contraception among women in the Ga East District, Ghana. Afr J Reprod Health. 2010; 14(4): 26-31. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Teye JK. Modern contraceptive use among women in the Asuogyaman district of Ghana: is reliability more important than health concerns. Afr J Reprod Health. 2013; 17(2): 58-71. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Ochako R, Mbondo M, Aloo S, Kaimenyi S, Thompson R, Temmerman M et al. Barriers to modern contraceptive methods uptake among young women in Kenya: a qualitative study. BMC Public Health. 2015; 15: 118. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Avong H. Perception of and Attitude toward the Nigerian Federal Population Policy, Family Planning Program and Family Planning in Kaduna State, Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2000; 4(1): 66-76. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Onwuzuruike B, Uzochukwu B. Knowledge, attitude
and practice of family planning amongst women in a
high density low income urban of Enugu Nigeria. Afr
J Reprod Health. 2001; 5(2): 83-9. PubMed | Google
- United States Agency for International Development. Community Mobilisation: Improving Reproductive Health Outcome. 2006.
- Olise P. Primary Health Care for Sustainable Development. 2nd ed. Abuja: Ozege Publications; 2012; 207-209.
- Gertrude N. Missed opportunities for modern family
planning services among women attending child health
clinics in Iganga/ Mayuge Demographic Surveillance
site. 2013. Google
- Nyambe N. The impact of peer education on family planning
uptake in Lusaka HIV Clinics: a gender perspective. 2012.
- Wendo BM. Barriers to uptake of long term and permanent
family planning methods among HIV infected postpartum mothers in Kenyatta National
- Abdulrazaq AG, Kabir S, Mohammad NS, Suleiman IH. The effect of educational intervention on family planning knowledge, attitudes, and practices among married women in a military barrack in northern Nigeria. Afr J Reprod Health. 2014; 18(1): 93-101. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Asekun-Olarinmoye EO, Adebimpe W, Bamidele J, Odu O, Asekun-Olarinmoye I, Ojofeitimi EO. Barriers to use of modern contraceptives among women in an inner city area of Osogbo metropolis, Osun State, Nigeria. Int J Womens Health. 2013; 647-55. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Etokidem AJ, Ndifon W, Etowa J, Asuquo EF. Family
planning practices of rural community dwellers in Cross
River State, Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2017 Jun;
20(6): 707-715. PubMed | Google
- Idris S, Sambo M, Ibrahim M. Barriers to utilisation of maternal health services in a semi-urban community in northern Nigeria: the clients? perspective. Niger Med J. 2013 Jan; 54(1): 27. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Adongo PB, Tapsoba P, Phillips JF, Tabong PT, Stone A, Kuffour E et al. The role of community-based health planning and services strategy in involving males in the provision of family planning services: a qualitative study in Southern Ghana. Reprod Health. 2013 Jul 26; 10: 36. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Malwenna L, Jayawardana PL, Balasuriya A. Effectiveness
of a community based health educational intervention in reducing unmet
need for modern methods of family planning among ever married reproductive
age women in the Kalutara district, Sri Lanka. Int J Collab Res Intern
Med Public Heal. 2012; 4(4): 344-61. Google
- Pathfinder International. Improving reproductive
health through community-based services: 25 years of
Pathfinder international experience. 2006. Google
- Tawye Y, Jotie F, Shigu T, Ngom P, Maggwa N. The
potential impact of community-based distribution programmes
on contraceptive uptake in resource-poor settings:
evidence from Ethiopia. Afr J Reprod
Health. 2005 Dec; 9(3): 15-26. PubMed | Google
- Uneke CJ, Ndukwe CD, Ezeoha AA, Chukwuemeka H.
Policy brief improving maternal and child healthcare
programme using community-participatory interventions
in Ebonyi State Nigeria. Int J Heal Policy Manag. 2014;
3(5): 283-7. PubMed | Google
- Marston C, Renedo A, Mcgowan CR, Portela A. Effects
of community participation on improving uptake of skilled
care for maternal and newborn health: a systematic
review. PLoS One. 2013; 8(2): e55012. PubMed | Google
- Shumba CS, Atuhaire L, Memiah P, Atukunda R. Assessment
of community mobilization and home-based HIV counselling
and testing offered by health facilities in rural Uganda.
Afr J Reprod Health. 2013 Dec;
17(4 Spec No): 171-6. PubMed | Google
- Cooper CM, Ahmed S, Winch PJ, Pfitzer A, Mckaig
C, Baqui AH. Patient education and counseling findings
from the use of a narrative story and leaflet to influence
shifts along the behavior
change continuum toward postpartum contraceptive uptake
in Sylhet District, Bangladesh. Patient Educ Couns.
2014; 97(3): 376-82. PubMed | Google