Article references (22 references )
- UNAIDS. The
Gap report: Beginning of the end of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. 2014. Accessed
23th September 2017
- UNAIDS. Close
the gap: close the education gap, World AIDS day 2014. 2014. Accessed
23th September 2017
- UNAIDS. Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). 2017. Accessed 23th September 2017
- Kellerman S, Essajee S. HIV testing for children in resource-limited settings: what are we waiting for. PLoS Med. 2010;7(7):e1000285. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Newell M, Coovadia H, Rollins N, Gaillard P, Dabis F. Mortality of infected and uninfected infants born to HIV-infected mothers in Africa: a pooled analysis. Lancet. 2004 Oct 2-8;364(9441):1236-43. PubMed | Google Scholar
- WHO,UNAIDS. Access to Antiretroviral Therapy in Africa: status Report on Progress towards the 2015 Targets. WHO, Geneva. 2015.
- Kellerman S, Essajee S. HIV testing for children in resource-limited settings: what are we waiting for. PLoS Med. 2010;(7):e1000285. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Ahmed S, Kim MH, Sugandhi N, Ryan P, Rachel S, Mamadou O et al. Beyond early infant diagnosis: case finding strategies for identification of HIV-infected infants and children. AIDS. 2013 Nov; 27 (Suppl 2): S235-45. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Busari O, Adeyemi A, Jimoh A, Nakayima M, Fasae A. Routine
HIV testing of family members of hospitalized patients in Nigeria. Prev Med
Bull. 2012;11(2):197-202. Google Scholar
- Ng'eno B, Mwangi A, Ng'ang'a L, Andrea K, Anthony W, Irene M et al.
Burden of HIV infection among children aged 18 months to 14 years in Kenya:
results from a nationally representative population-based cross-sectional survey.
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2014 May;66(Suppl 1):82-88. Google Scholar
- Venn J, Ochigbo SO, Anah M, Asindi A. HIV sero-prevalence among infants attending immunization centres in Calabar metropolis Cross River state, Southern Nigeria. Int J Child Health Nutr. 2016;5(3):1-4. Google Scholar
- Ntia H, Anah M, Eyong K, Ikpeme O. HIV Infection in hospitalized under-5 children with acute watery diarrhoea in Calabar, Nigeria. Nig J Paediatr. 2012;39(2): 67-70. Google Scholar
- Ogunbosi BO, Oladokun RE, Brown BJ, Osinusi KI. Prevalence and clinical pattern of paediatric HIV infection at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria: a prospective cross-sectional study. Ital J Paediatr. June 2011;37:29. PubMed | Google Scholar
- RAmos ANJr, Matida HL, Hearst N, Oliveira FA, Heukelbac J. High occurrence of HIV-positive siblings due to repeated mother-to-child transmission in Brazil. AIDS Care. 2012; 24(5):601-605. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Alikor EN. Trend of HIV sero-positivity in a tertiary health institution in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. Afr J Health Sci. 2005; 12(3-4):108-113. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Bugaje MA, Aikhionbare HA. Paediatric HIV/AIDS seen at
Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital Zaria, Nigeria. Ann Afr Med. 2006;5(2):73-77. Google
- Edochie Y. Pathophysiology of HIV/AIDS- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. 2016. Accessed 23th September 2017
- Yumo H, Angwafor S, Ayuk E, Ndang C. Scaling up HIV in
paediatric care and treatment in resource limited settings. Lessons learned
from active search for paediatric AIDS approach in a rural district in Northwestern
cameroun. 2nd International Interest workshop, Dakar, Senegal.
2008; Abstract 4482.
- Pellowski JA, Kalichman SC, Matthews KA, and Adler N.
A pandemic of the poor: social disadvantage and the US HIV epidemic. Am Psychol.
2013 May-June; 68(4): 97-209. PubMed | Google
- Buot M-LG, Docena JP, Ratemo BK, Bittner MJ, Burlew JT,
Nuritidinov AR et al. Beyond race and place: distal sociological determinants
of HIV disparities. PLoSONE. 2014;9(4):e91711. PubMed | Google
- Latkin CA, German D, Vlahov D, Galea S. Neighborhoods
and HIV: asocial ecological approach to prevention and care. Am Psychol. 2013;
68(4):210-224. PubMed | Google
- Adejuyigbe EA, Fasubaa OB, Onayade AA. Sociodemographic characteristics of HIV-positive mother-child pairs in Ile-Ife, Nigeria. AIDS Care. 2004; 16(3):275-82. PubMed | Google Scholar