Article references (11 references )
- Ogbera AO, Kuku SF. Epidemiology of thyroid diseases in Africa. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2011; 15(Suppl 2): S82. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Fualal J, Moses W, Jayaraman S, Nalugo M, Ozgediz D, Duh Q, Kebebew E. Characterizing thyroid disease and identifying barriers to care and treatment in Uganda. World J Endoc Surg. 2012; 4(2): 47-53. Google Scholar
- Haugen BR, Kloos RT, Lee SL et al. Revised American Thyroid Association management guidelines for patients with thyroid nodules and differentiated thyroid cancer. Thyroid. 2009 Nov; 19(11): 1167-214. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Rafferty MA, Goldstein DP, Rotstein L et al.
Completion thyroidectomy versus total thyroidectomy:
is there a difference in complication rates? An analysis of 350 patients.
J Am Coll Surg. 2007
Oct; 205(4): 602-7. PubMed | Google
- Nggada H, Ojo O, & Adelusola K. A histopathological analysis of thyroid diseases in Ile-ife, Nigeria: a review of 274 cases. The Nigerian postgraduate medical journal. 2008; 15(1): 47-51. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Suen K. Guidelines of The Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology for the examination of fine-needle aspiration specimens from thyroid nodules: the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology Task Force on Standards of Practice. Mod Pathol. 1996 Jun; 9(6): 710-5. Google Scholar
- Wang CC, Friedman L, Kennedy GC, Wang H, Kebebew E, Steward DL,Khanafshar E. A large multicenter correlation study of thyroid nodule cytopathology and histopathology. Thyroid. 2011; 21(3): 243-251. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Maharajan R, Rao H. Correlation of fine needle aspiration and final histopathology in thyroid disease: a series of 702 patients managed in an endocrine surgical unit. Online J Otolaryngol. 2012; 2(3): 85-95.
- Pandey P, Dixit A, Mahajan NC. Fine-needle aspiration of the thyroid: a cytohistologic correlation with critical evaluation of discordant cases. Thyroid Res Pract. 2012; 9: 32-9. Google Scholar
- Sharma C. Diagnostic accuracy of fine needle aspiration cytology of thyroid and evaluation of discordant cases. J Egypt Natl Canc Inst. 2015; 27(3): 147-53. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Bakhos R, Selvaggi SM, DeJong S et al. Fine needle aspiration of the thyroid: rate and causes of cytopathologic discordance. Diagn Cytopathol. 2000; 23(4): 233-237. PubMed | Google Scholar