Article references (30 references )
- UNICEF. The State of The World's Children 2016: A fair chance for every child. Accessed on 15 September 2017
- WHO. Children: reducing mortality. 2017; Accessed on 15 September 2017
- Nickanor N, Kazembe LN. Increasing levels of urban malnutrition with rapid urbanization in informal settlements of Katutura, Windhoek: neighbourhood differentials and the effect of socio-economic disadvantage. World Health Popul. 2016; 16(3): 5-21. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Tette EM, Sifah EK, Nartey ET, Nuro-Ameyaw P, Tete-Donkor P, Biritwum RB. Maternal profiles and social determinants of malnutrition and the MDGs: What have we learnt. BMC Public Health. 2016; 16: 214. PubMed | Google Scholar
- International Food Policy Research Institute. Global Nutrition Report 2016: From Promise to Impact: Ending Malnutrition by 2030. Washington, DC. 2016.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) and ICF International Inc. UB of. Uganda Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Kampala, Uganda UBOS and Calverton, Maryland: ICF International Inc. 2012.
- MOH M of H. Policy Guidelines on Infant and Young Child Feeding. Kampala, Uganda. 2009.
- Rao S, Swathi P, Unnikrishnan B, Hegde A. Study of complementary feeding practices among mothers of children aged six months to two years: a study from coastal south India. Australas Med J. 2011; 4(5): 252-257. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Katepa-Bwalya M, Mukonka V, Kankasa C, Masaninga F, Babaniyi O, Siziya S. Infants and young children feeding practices and nutritional status in two districts of Zambia. Int Breastfeed J. 2015; 10: 5. PubMed | Google Scholar
- DHO/ACF/UNICEF. Nutrition Surveillance Acholi. 2011.
S, Woods T, Liyanage WM, Smith
simplified general method for
cluster-sample surveys of health
in developing countries. 1991.
Accessed on 15 September 2017.
- FANTA-2. The Analysis of the Nutrition Situation in Uganda, Washington, DC: FHI 360. Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance II Project (FANTA-2). 2010.
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics 2016. The National
Population and Housing Census 2014? Main Report. Kampala, Uganda. 2014.
- UNICEF. Programming Guide: Infant and Young Child Feeding 2011. Accessed on 15 September
- Golley RK, Smithers LG, Mittinty MN, Brazionis L, Emmett P, Northstone K et al. An Index Measuring Adherence to Complementary Feeding Guidelines Has Convergent Validity as a Measure of Infant Diet Quality. J Nutr. 2012; 142(5): 901-908. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Sawadogo PS, Martin-Prével Y, Savy M, Kameli Y, Traissac P, Traoré AS et al. An infant and child feeding index is associated with the nutritional status of 6-to 23-month-old children in rural Burkina Faso. J Nutr. 2006; 136(3): 656-663. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Srivastava N, Sandhu A. Index for measuring child feeding practices. Indian J Pediatr. 2007; 74(4): 363-368. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS and Macro International Inc). Uganda Demographic and Health Survey 2006. Calverton, Maryland, USA: UBOS and Macro International Inc. 2007.
- Babirye JN, Nuwaha F, Grulich AE. Adherence to feeding guidelines among HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected mothers in a rural district in Uganda. East Afr Med J. 2009 Jul; 86(7): 337-43. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Matovu S, Kirunda B, Rugamba-Kabagambe G, Tumwesigye NM, Nuwaha F. Factors influencing adherence to exclusive breast feeding among HIV positive mothers in Kabarole district, Uganda. East Afr Med J. 2008; 85(4): 162-170. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Al-Shookri A, Al-Shukaily L, Hassan F, Al-Sheraji S, Al-Tobi S. Effect of mothers nutritional knowledge and attitudes on Omani children's dietary intake. Oman Med J. 2011; 26(4): 253. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Shumey A, Demissie M, Berhane Y. Timely initiation of complementary feeding and associated factors among children aged 6 to 12 months in Northern Ethiopia: an institution-based cross-sectional study. BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1050. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Garg A, Chadha R. Index for Measuring the Quality of Complementary Feeding Practices in Rural India. J Health Popul Nutr. 2009; 27(6): 763-771. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Maduforo A. Breastfeeding and Complementary Feeding Practices of Mothers of Children (0-24 Months) Attending Infant Welfare Clinice. J Biol Agric Healthc. 2014; 4.
- Tarrant M, Fong DY, Wu KM, Lee IL, Wong EM, Sham A et al. Breastfeeding and weaning practices among Hong Kong mothers: a prospective study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10: 27. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Laanterä S, Pölkki T, Ekström A, Pietilä AM. Breastfeeding attitudes of Finnish parents during pregnancy. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2010; 10: 79. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Babirye JN, Engebretsen IM, Makumbi F, Fadnes LT, Wamani H, Tylleskar T et al. Timeliness of childhood vaccinations in Kampala Uganda: a community-based cross-sectional study. PloS One. 2012; 7(4): e35432. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Babirye JN, Rutebemberwa E, Kiguli J, Wamani H, Nuwaha F, Engebretsen IM. More support for mothers: a qualitative study on factors affecting immunisation behaviour in Kampala, Uganda. BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 723. PubMed | Google Scholar
- WHO. Immunization coverage cluster survey Reference manual. 2005. Google Scholar
- World Health Organization. Vaccination Coverage Cluster Surveys: Reference Manual- Working Draft. 2015.