Article references (47 references )
- NCCID (National Collaborating Centre for Infectious Diseases). Understanding the measurement of global burden of disease. 2015. Accessed 2018 April 4.
- Honeycutt A, Hoerger T, Brown L, Smith K, Hardee A. An assessment of the state of the art for measuring burden of illness. 2011. Accessed 1 April 2018.
- World Bank. The World Bank in Iraq (Overview). 2011. Accessed 1 April 2018.
- Alwan A. Health in Iraq-the current situation, our vision for the future and areas of work. Iraq's Ministry of Health: Baghdad 2004; 2nd edition.
- Al Hilfi T, Lafta, R, Burnham G. Health services in Iraq. Lancet. 2013;381(9870):939-48. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Frankish H. Health of the Iraqi people hangs in the balance. Lancet. 2003;361(9358):623-5. PubMed | Google Scholar
- USAID. National Immunization Plan of Iraq for 2015. 2014. Accessed 2018 May.
- WHO EMRO. House to house campaign to vaccinate children in conflict affected areas in Iraq against polio, measles and rubella. 2016. Accessed 2018 February 21.
- WHO. Conflict and humanitarian crisis in Iraq; public health risk assessment and interventions. 2014. Accessed 2018 February 2.
- OCHA. Humanitarian needs overview, 2007. 2017. Accessed 2018 April 24.
- Jasem J, Marof K, Islam K, Nawar A. Epidemiological analysis of measles and evaluation of measles surveillance system performance in Iraq, 2005-2010. International J Infectious Diseases. 2012;16(3):e166-71. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Webster P. Iraq's growing health crisis. Lancet. 2014;384(9938):119-20. PubMed | Google Scholar
- UNICEF. Humanitarian action for children. 2016. Accessed 2018 May 4.
- UNDP. Keeping TB patients under treatment is a priority in Iraq. 2015. Accessed 2018 January 24.
- WHO EMRO. Iraq: tuberculosis. Accessed 2018 February 21.
- WHO. Tuberculosis profile, Iraq . 2018. Accessed 2018 March 3.
- Turky A, Akram W, Omer AR, Al-Rawi JR, Al-Naaimi
A. Analysis of acute viral hepatitis (A and E) in Iraq. Glob J of Health
- WHO EMRO. Programme areas: environmental Health. 2018. Accessed 2018 May 4.
- OCHA. Iraq: humanitarian needs overview 2016 (November 2015) .2015. Accessed 2018 May 3.
- WHO. Country cooperation strategy for WHO and Iraq 2012-2017. 2012-2017. Accessed 2018 May 2.
- WHO. Emergencies preparedness, response; cholera-Iraq. 2015. Accessed 2018 May 1.
- WHO EMRO. Expanded programme on immunization (EPI), Iraq. 2018. Accessed 2018 February 21.
- WHO. Global policy report on the prevention and control of viral hepatitis in WHO member states. 2013. Accessed 2018 May 1.
- Raslan R, El Sayegh S, Chams S, Chams N, Leone
A, Hajj Hussein I. Re-emerging vaccine-preventable
diseases in war-affected peoples of the Eastern Mediterranean
Region-an update. Front Public Health.
2017;5:283. PubMed | Google
- WHO. Reported measles cases and incidence rates by WHO Member States 2013, 2014 as of 11 February 2015. 2015. Accessed 2018 February 27.
- UNICEF and WHO. Iraq: WHO and UNICEF estimates of immunization coverage: 2016 revision. 2016. Accessed 2018 January 24.
- CDC. Measles data and statistics. 2017. Accessed 2018 May 1.
- WHO EMRO. Measles: disease burden. 2018. Accessed 2018 February 21.
- Albahadle A, Abdul Abass A. Measles outbreak in AL-Kadhimiyia, Iraq, 2008-2009 and its common complications. Iraq J Med Science. 2009;7(3):46-51. Google Scholar
- WHO. Mumps reported cases. 2018. Accessed 2018 March 15.
- WHO. Measles: biologicals. 2018. Accessed 2018 March 15.
- WHO. Rubella reported cases. 2018. Accessed 2018 April 20.
- WHO. WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system. 2017 global summary: incidence time series for Iraq (IRQ). 2018. Accessed 2018 March 19.
- OCHA. Humanitarian response plan-January-December 2017, Iraq. 2017. Accessed 2018 March 19.
- UNDP. Support to national tuberculosis control programme (project summary), Iraq. 2018. Accessed 2018 April 20.
- Khazaei S, Ayubi E, Hosein R, Mansournia M. Trend of some tuberculosis indices in Iran during 25 yr Period (1990-2014). J Research Health Sciences 2016;16(3):141-46. 2016;16(3):141-146. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Al-Hajoj S, Varghese B. Tuberculosis in Saudi Arabia: the journey across time. J Infection in developing countries. 2015;9(3):222-31. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Tanimura T, Jaramillo E, Weil D, Raviglione M, Lönnroth K. Financial burden for tuberculosis patients in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review. The Europ Resp J. 2014;43(6):1763-75. PubMed | Google Scholar
- Kirigia M, Muthuri K. Productivity losses associated with tuberculosis deaths in the World Health Organ African region. Infectious Diseases of Poverty. 2016;5:43. Google Scholar
- WHO. Diphtheria reported cases. 2018. Accessed 2018 March 19.
- WHO. Pertussis reported cases. 2018. Accessed 2018 March 22.
- CDC. Pertussis: clinical complications (infants and children). 2018. Accessed 2018 March 2.
- Dalal S, Samuelson J, Yakubu A, Ncube B, Baggaley R, Reed J. Tetanus disease and deaths in men reveal need for vaccination. Bull World Health Organ. 2016;94(8):613-21. PubMed | Google Scholar
- WHO. Immunization, vaccines and biologicals. Maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination (MNTE): progress towards global maternal and neonatal tetanus elimination. 2018. Accessed 2018 May 2.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990-2016: a systematic analysis for the global burden of disease study 2016. Lancet. 2017;390(10100):1211-1259. PubMed | Google Scholar
- WHO EMRO. Viral hepatitis: programme areas, Iraq. 2018. Accessed 2018 February 21.
- Wiktor S, Hutin Y. The global burden of viral
hepatitis: better estimates to guide hepatitis elimination
efforts. Lancet. 2016;388(10049):1030-1031. PubMed | Google